11.09.2009

Viviano's

Italian cafe & market. One of Fenton's best lunch spots.

For a small, locally owned cafe, Viviano's has some of St. Louis' best Italian fare, without the fancy prices you may find on The Hill.

You won't be disappointed with any of their generously portioned sandwiches, salads & pastas. You'll probably find a favorite, but do your tastebuds a favor and try it all!

(Market side: shelves of wine, bread, Italian foodstuffs, as well as a meat & cheese counter)

Favorites
Mamma Mia Panini
Festa Italiano
Viviano's Special Salad
Grilled Chicken Fettucine
Tiramisu








Fork Rating




Price Range
$6 - $10

Location
62 Fenton Plaza
Fenton MO 63026
636-305-1474

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't do what I did and wait too long before you finally try Viviano's. Your taste buds will thank you.

After living in the area over two years, I finally walked into Viviano's and it instantly became one of my favorite places to eat in the St. Louis area.

So far, I've had 3 sandwiches-the veggie sandwich, and the Viviano's special were both good-but the Salcissia sandwich is absolutely wonderful.

I've also sampled the grilled chicken fettuccine and the Penne Roma and they were both delicious as well. You get really generous portions and don't be surprised if you can't eat it all in one sitting.

The desserts that I've had there so far have also been good...except for one. The cannoli was good, but I preferred both the lemon bar and the triple chocolate brownie.

The one disappointment has been the dessert called "Not-your-mommas chocolate chip cookies." It was wrapped, so I'm not sure how old it was, but it was actually overcooked, almost burned in some spots and not very tasty.

Oh well, nobody's perfect. Maybe I just happened to get a bad cookie.

The other neat factor about Viviano's is that it is also a store that has many imported items from Italy that you don't find at Target or even Dierbergs. I bought a jar of Lemon Marmalade from Italy which tastes terrific on toast.

Also, the service is very good. Everyone we've encountered working there is very friendly--they actually smile at you and make you feel taken care of.

If you live in the St. Louis area, you need to check out Vivianos.

Great food at affordable prices-perfect in today's economy.

Matthew Loomis

GrannySmith said...

Awesome Tortellini in a cream sauce. Reminded me of the local italian restaurants I used to frequent in Germany. Great food, fair price. I will be back!