4.23.2011

Sage Urban American Grill


Recently my roomie and I were trying to pick a restaurant for our birthday celebration and we were at a bit of an impasse. This wasn't your typical birthday, since she was turning 25 and I was leaving my twenties behind. Where to go? Someplace not too fancy, not too plain. Not too expensive, not too cheap. Not too "adventurous", not too boring.

So I do what any tech savvy foodie does in that situation and I take out my phone, open the urbanspoon app and start shaking away. Apparently fate was smiling upon me that day because up popped Sage. I looked at the reviews and went ahead and made the reservation.

To put it simply, I could not be happier with our choice.

It is located in the Soulard District in a beautiful two-level brick building with a small second story patio. The interior is stylish without being pretentious. The service was exceptional, which is impressive since we had a group of 20. I haven't even reached the best part which is definitely the food.

If you're looking for options, there is everything from burgers to seafood. Monday thru Wednesday evenings they have a wine special that if you buy two entrees you get a bottle for the price of a glass.

For my entree I chose the Sage Seafood Capillini which was, in a word, divine. It's main ingredients were jumbo shrimp, lump blue crab and tender clams in a garlic herb white wine broth with artichoke hearts and tomatoes, topped with shredded parmesan. I think, if pressed, I would say this is the best seafood pasta I have ever had. It was one of those meals that just kept getting better as you went along.

From talking to my friends I learned that the hamburgers were delicious and the Red Cedar Plank Salmon was perfection. If you want something small but satisfying to finish your meal, there is a wide selection of Signature Sweet Shot Desserts.

As I was walking out all I could think to myself was, "I can't wait to eat here again".

Fork Rating
[Rating+fork_5.jpg]

Price Range
$15-25

Location
1031 Lynch St
St. Louis, MO 63118

Sage on Urbanspoon

No comments: